Selig sind die das Lied teilen…
(And for much the same reason.)
Well, we didn’t all get to sing Brahms’ German Requiem on 4 April 2020 because, along with most of the country, we were self-isolating. However, we did use the the opportunity to sing it separately, but at much the same time. This is what some of us looked like.From this collage, you may deduce that:-
- From the perspective of the choir the most important part of the conductor is the hands.
- It’s really hard to take a selfie while conducting.
- One of us might have wished to be singing something else.
- Singing the requiem really dries your throat out.
- Someone was 200 miles from a bow tie.
- Whilst we might all have had the same score, we were singing different sections.
- One of us takes a professional approach to studio singing.
- Some of us occasionally look up at the conductor.
- It’s possible that one of us is a naturist.